What Are Computer Science University Extension Programs?
Computer science university extension programs involve taking the scientific and practical approach to computation and all its associated applications. Computer scientists specialize in the theory of computation and the design of computational systems with subfields that are then divided into a variety of theoretical and practical disciplines. While some fields, such as computational complexity theory are pretty abstract, others like computer graphics underline real-world visual applications that are used in mapping and gaming systems. Other aspects of computer programming centre on the use of programming languages and complex systems, making human-computer interaction universally more accessible to people. As we increasingly come to depend on computers in our everyday lives, so the demand for qualified experts to make further advances is needed. This is evident when looking at admissions numbers; computer science university extension programs have become increasingly competitive over recent years.
The requirements of getting a placement in the best environmental science graduate programs have been increasing over the years with higher test scores and GPA’s needed to stand any kind of hope of a place. At Duke graduate school, for example, there were a total of 268 applications received for the 2016 – 17 semester with only 39 of these potential candidates offered a placement. To boost your chances of being noticed by an admission committee when they look through your application, having a strong computer science personal statement PhD is essential and can make all the difference to singling you out from the other applicants. Writing a good computer science personal statement PhD, however, can be difficult to those not experienced in writing at this level but it needs to be extra special if your grades are not as good as expected. After all, your future career choice depends actually getting a placement onto one of the many computer science university extension programs.
What Are Considered the Best Computer Science University Extension Programs?
There are many computer science university extension programs on offer for students to choose from but as with everything else, some are considered to be more attractive and prestigious than others. Our experts have looked through the rankings and in no particular order, put them here with links for you to take a look at:
- Computer science programs University of Toronto: The Department of Computer Sciences (DCS) at Toronto University is home to internationally-recognized faculty and students alike. Some of our Faculty members have been presented with a wide variety of honours and awards including the Turing Award (the “Nobel Prize” of Computer Science).Our computer sciences department ranks among the top on a worldwide scale and first in Canada. It is well known for its work in developing neural networks, computer graphics, machine learning and so much more.
- San Francisco state university graduate programs computer science: Our computer sciences department faculty is nationally recognized and engaged in high-quality research and teaching involving both undergraduate and graduate students. We offer strong foundation programs in computer science which are focused on areas in Computing for Life Sciences, computing in business and global Software Engineering and management.
- Stanford computer science program: Our innovative programs prepare students for careers in many high profile areas by developing students’ breadth of knowledge across the subject areas of computer science. This includes developing their ability to apply the defining processes of computer science theory, abstraction, design, and implementation to solve complex problems.
- Duke university computer science programs: The Department of Computer Science at Duke University is a world renowned leader in both research and education. Students will work closely with faculty members on innovative and cutting-edge research programs and graduates who gain a degree with us are regularly recruited to top industry and academic institutions.
- University of Michigan computer science program: Our award winning faculty members will challenge you to deepen your intellectual curiosity with a computer science curriculum designed to tailor your studies to specific areas of interest. You will be helped to develop the computing algorithmic fundamentals and a structure of understanding that will enable you to keep ahead of the ever-changing world of computer science.
- University of Washington computer science program: Consistently ranked high amongst other computer sciences programs in the nation, the Allen School engages in research that advances core and emerging areas within the field. We have a wide range of initiatives that show the transformative power of computing at its best and has been recognized for our success in promoting diversity. Our PhD program is able to offer 250 doctoral students a collegial and supportive learning environment with research opportunities of the highest quality,
- MIT computer science program: The computer sciences are one of the largest undergraduate programs at MIT. Our highly flexible curriculum and hands-on approach to coursework give students a complete view of the field, helping them to learn how to solve problems with a focus on modeling and abstraction that prepares them for a wide range of industries. Students who study on our programs explore subjects that are vital to advancement in today’s high-tech society from mathematical computer theory all the way through to artificial intelligence, and robotics.
- Georgia Tech computer science program: Graduate students who choose to study at Georgia Tech will work closely with some of the world’s premier faculty in areas such as cyber security, networks, software engineering and many other specialist fields which make up computer science.